Please Subscribe Via E-mail, Thank You!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Causes of Sore Throat

I am experiencing a sore throat right now and it is really bugging me a lot. It is so hard to swallow my food and even hurts when I am drinking my water. I really hate getting sick especially if I get a sore throat. I searched online of what are the causes of sore throat and here's what I've found.

A sore throat can have many causes including:

  1. Common viruses, and even the viruses that cause mononucleosis (mono) and the flu, can cause a sore throat. Some viruses can also produce blisters in the mouth and throat ("aphthous stomatitis").
  1. Breathing through the mouth can produce throat dryness and soreness.
  1. Sinus drainage (post nasal drip) may cause a sore throat.
  1. A sore throat can also be caused by bacteria. The two most common bacteria to cause a sore throat are Streptococcus (which causes strep throat) and Arcanobacterium haemolyticum. Arcanobacterium causes sore throats mainly in young adults and is sometimes associated with a fine red rash.
  1. Sore throat appearing after treatment with antibiotics, chemotherapy, or other immune-compromising medications may be due to Candida, commonly known as "thrush."
  1. A sore throat lasting for more than two weeks can be a sign of a serious illness, such as throat cancer or AIDS.
0 Responses